Thursday 29 August 2013




If Heaven only knew, how much Earth is missing you!


I walk along that mossy path, with a heart weighed down by sorrow.
I'm praying for the strength in me to find hope for tomorrow,
I hold my daughter's hand in mine while silently proceeding,
treading to your resting place where this mossy path is leading.

I feel a tear roll down my face, like many have been shed,
I glance upon my daughter's face and kiss her on the head.
Embraced by memories of Mother's love,
Missing her deeply, in dispute with above.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath,
thinking about this encounter with death,
How he stole in a moment our peace and delight
the derangements he left, like a thief in the night.

How life has changed in a blink of an eye,
how yesterday's laughter has now passed us by.
Like the flowers on the grave will wither away,
time will heal a bit more every day.

But the hole in my heart will never be filled,
We miss you mother, grandma and friend
The Angels will now take care of you
If Heaven only knew how much Earth is missing you!

by Ilona Rosenthal-Payne

R.I.P. Sandy











No comments:

Post a Comment